apple events and non-rev apps

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 05:11:58 EDT 2009

There used to be an app called AE Monitor, but it required launching
the 'target' app via AE Monitor, and even then it would only record
events sent from outside the app, not things like menu clicks.

Anyway, it's not been updated since 2007, the website (http://software.oxalyn.com/aemonitor
) is down and I think it stopped working when 10.5 came out. :-(

Terry's idea about polling the target app for open documents sounds
like the best way forwards, although it's a bit clunky.

Ian