Sound file compatibility and Linux

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 05:46:11 EDT 2009

Not sure if any of the issues would still happen to you with Debian, but what
took me to Debian was the desire to avoid having to do clean installs to get
a distribution upgrade to the next release, which sounds a bit like the
Ubuntu situation.  Debian does continuous upgrades, I think Mepis now that
it is rebased on Debian also does.  Woodford took Mepis to Debian and away
from Ubuntu for exactly that reason.   Whereas I always put off doing a
release upgrade on Mandriva for exactly that reason, its such a pain.

Peter