command setthedata in the data grid api

Sadhu Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Tue Apr 21 20:55:36 EDT 2009

Trevor,

A brief status report, my app which revolves around the data grid is
coming along smashingly.  I have discovered an anomaly though which I
don't have time to duplicate in a formal bug report this evening (maybe
tomorrow, or maybe I will just work around it), but thought to pass it
on to find out, maybe it is intentional?

It seems that the SetDataOfIndex is adding an unrequested line ending.
For example, a line of code like this:

 dispatch "SetDataOfIndex" to group "data grid 1" of card "data grid card" \
                      with whichIndex, "col 5",  dateOfLoss && "Prior
Week Work Not Found"

puts a CR in cell whichIndex, col 5,  after ..Not Found"  ... which then
messes up line by line processing of the grid in subsequent steps.

Is it supposed to do this?  Should I file a bug report?

Thank you,
Sadhu