RapidWeaver

Stephen Cox stephen at networkxfla.com
Sun Apr 19 03:42:01 EDT 2009

Drupal has gotten easy to learn. There is also very good training available
at Lullabot (http://www.lullabot.com/). Drupal is easy to install and
maintain. Knowing PHP isn't required but is a major plus (for WordPress
too).

Lullabot is all about learning Drupal. WordPress can't compare to Drupal.
I'm not bashing WordPress. I use it. I use Drupal too.

But comparing WordPress to Drupal is like comparing c++ to html. MTV, HBO.
Amnesty International, Goldman Sacs run on Drupal. Actually, there's a mod
for Drupal that runs WordPress, in Drupal. :)

All this said, if all you want is a quick site then Drupal is way over kill.
Use WordPress. It's very good for what it does.

Also take a look at Squarespace at squarespace.com. Squarespace allows
anyone to create a website. It's that simple (It has one of the best CSS
implementations I've ever seen). You can literately build your site (design,
color - even fonts) all online. With WordPress, you either use a template or
roll up your sleeves and modify the template (not that hard - but if you
don't want to write any code, there you are).

I can't say enough good things about Squarespace. And no, I don't work for
them. But I turned my mother's church onto them.