3.5 on Debian Linux

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 18 14:13:58 EDT 2009

OK, I renamed, and on opening it recreated and restored the defaults.  So at
least that awful yellow has now gone.  But I cannot figure out how to change
the default appearance to motif and have it stick.  Nor does it seem to
remember any recently opened files.  Recently opened files is empty, though
of course there have been lots.  Permissions are appropriate, so its not
that.

Maybe its my system.  They cannot possibly have let it go out the door like
this, can they?