Controlling PowerPoint From Within Runtime Revolution

John Miller johnmiller1950 at zoominternet.net
Fri Apr 17 06:19:22 EDT 2009

Richmond,

Point well taken.  My program allows the user to show slideshows,
create notes, etc, etc, etc. in a much simpler way than PowerPoint.
Frustration with PowerPoint was the main reason I started writing my
program in the first place, and I personally never use it.  However,
there are a number of reasons my customers give for wanting this
feature:
	1. They have invested a great deal of time creating PowerPoint files
and don't want to redo them.
	2. We live in a powerPoint world. My users are often given a
PowerPoint file from their denomination or a guest speaker who brings
a PowerPoint file that they would like to project. Given enough time,
we could convert these files, but when you are handed a file ten
minutes before a church service, you can't always do the conversion.
	3. Some people have learned to use PowerPoint and don't want to
learn another system even though it may be much simpler.
	4. So, my user's buy my software to do what it does best, but still
want the ability to show PowerPoint files from within my app.

In short - The customer is always right - even when they're
wrong !!!   ; >)

John