data grid code (color)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Apr 17 01:49:09 EDT 2009

On Apr 16, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Sadhu Nadesan wrote:

> I am using the default template and not overriding the default column
> behavior, and I am not using a custom column template as far as I
> know.

> The repeat loop was the part doing the scan.
>
> Are you saying, I either need to override the default behavior with a
> script, or, create a customized column template?  I don't want every
> cell red in every column, just selected cells in selected columns.
> Is that possible?

> Sorry to be  so dense.  I was hoping there was maybe something simple
> like setting the color properties of a container variable with text
> in it and then putting it into a specific cell of the data grid with
> SetDataOfIndex or something like that.
>
> Not so simple I guess?

You should be able to get this working without too much trouble. I've
added a lesson to the manual that discusses how you can quickly
override the default column behavior for a data grid table. There are
two samples at the end of the lesson, one of which shows how to color
a cell.

<http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution_tools/manuals/datagrid/lessons/3966-How-Do-I-Override-the-Default-Behavior-For-Rendering-Data-to-a-Cell-

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,