Data Grids - Column view help

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:05:38 EDT 2009

Hi Trevor

Thanks for the reply.

I'll take a closer look at my column names/key names and look for
discrepancies. And thanks for the information on the sort command I'll
play around with that too.

BTW I can't sign off without commenting on the quality and extent of
the documentation you have supplied for the Data Grid - it is
fantastic. Thanks again for that and the advice here.

2009/4/15 Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com>:
> On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Ian McKnight wrote:

>> Is this the correct way to create a table view of data held in an
>> array? Is the first method I tried specifically for tab delimited
>> lists?
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> When you set the dgData of a data grid table, the data grid will look for a
> column name that matches the name of each key in the array you assign,
> titleArray in your case. If you have a column that matches then the data
> grid will try to draw the data in your array.
>
> By default the data grid assumes the value of the column is text and a cell
> with a field will be created for displaying the text. You only need to
> customize the column behavior if you want to display data of another type.
>
>> And finally I was able to modify the table view by accessing the
>> template view of the individual column, which contains a group instead
>> of a field (as in the FORM layout),  and replacing the field in this
>> group with a list field. All works perfectly. But how can I put an
>> image into a column? When I modify the column template to include a
>> image, the image will not display. I'm trying to take advantage of the
>> TABLE's sorting facility.
>
> Does the name of the key in your array that stores the image have a matching
> column name? If so, what does your code look like that is trying to load the
> image into the column?
>
> I will also mention that you can sort forms as well, you just don't get the
> prefab headers. I don't think I've added it to the docs yet but the call is:
>
> SortDataByKey pKey, pType, pDirection, pCaseSensitive
>
> pKey is the key in your array to sort by.
> pType and pDirection are same as options in Revolution sort.
> pCaseSensitive should be self explanatory.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Blue Mango Learning Systems