I'm having behavior problems :)

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 15:48:41 EDT 2009

2009/4/12 Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>

> If I'm reading this correctly, you're setting the behavior of a field
> to a button in a stack that you haven't necessarily loaded into
> memory.

No - I just set the "behavior" of a button in the normal way:

set the behavior of grp 1 to the long id of btn 1 of cd 2

The only thing is that the stack in question  - stack "Test" - was not in
the stackfiles - it was just open and loaded into memory. Now as it resolves
to:

btn id 1234 of stack "Test"

I'd get this returned, but when the grp is copied to another stack - this
reference does not resolve - so the behavior script never got called. It
took me ages to figure it out - as the behavior was set, and it worked with
all the other stacks (because they were in the stackfiles).  I'm not
advocating the long or relative file as a ref. Far from it I think it should
be available as a from of reference we can all use - see feature request for
the "truncated id / truncated name" in Bugzilla.

Hope thats clearer and saves someone else some time in the future :)