Using telemessage to generate a phone call from Rev

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 06:28:38 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is the DEVICE_TYPE correct?

Scratch that. I looked it up and it is correct - assuming their posted
example is correct.

Had a look at the examples on the TeleMessage web site and I noticed these
two lines.

Java example:

//Specify content type and encoding
> // If content encoding is not explicitly specified
> // ISO-8859-1 is assumed
> post.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1");

VB example:

'Set a standard XML header for the content-type
> objHTTP.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "text/xml")

In Rev Docs it says under the httpHeaders entry:

By default, the httpHeaders property is set to empty.

In the Rev Docs it says under the post entry:

The HTTP header sent with the POST request can be changed using either the
> HTTPHeaders property or the libURLSetCustomHTTPHeaders command. By default,
> the "Content-Type" header line is set to
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded".

There seems to be a contradiction here as to whether httpHeaders is empty or
contains ""application/x-www-form-urlencoded". Further contradiction occurs
when you look up the   libURLSetCustomHTTPHeaders command as it indicates
it's not to be used with post. Not a web guru so hopefully one of the http
gurus will chime in with some clarification, but it seems that having a look
at the Rev Docs for the libURLSetCustomHTTPHeaders  and httpHeaders entries
and trying to set at least "Content-type" and "text/xml" prior to doing your
post.

So long as you are using 'plain' English you will be good with default
charset=ISO-8859-1, but if you are using any special characters, ASCII
higher than 127, then have a look at the Rev Docs for macToISO to get those
Mac chars converted to ISO-8859-1

HTH