Generating a phone call from Rev

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Apr 9 13:29:03 EDT 2009

On 09.04.2009 at 8:23 Uhr -0400 Richard Miller apparently wrote:
>Kay,
>
>This company you pointed to (www.telemessage.com) looks like it
>might have a decent solution. It's more expensive than Skype, but
>not too bad at 10 cents per call. Their XML solution should work in
>Rev on a Mac server. But I would like to get the Skype solution
>working if possible.
>
>In my particular situation, I need to have my Rev application send a
>phone call. It can't be SMS. My vendors handle all orders either in
>person or by phone. The computer (if they have one!), is usually not
>near the order desk. Their business is mostly done by phone (and not
>a cell phone). What I am doing is working on a way to allow them to
>get orders through the internet, but not have to change the way they
>typically record these orders (which is still by pencil and paper).
>
>Thanks.
>Richard

Not using cell phones does not automatically excludes sms as an
option. In many countries, it is possible to send sms to a normal
land number and the phone company reads it for the receipient. In
other words, you send the text as sms, they do text-to-voice
conversion for you. Normally, one can also replay the message by
pressing a button on the phone.

Robert