Using telemessage to generate a phone call from Rev

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Thu Apr 9 13:14:19 EDT 2009

At Kay's suggestion, I looked into the service from telemessage.com.
Seems fairly simple to implement. But I'm having some kind of difficulty
transmitting the XML data to their server. My guess is one of you will
see the problem right away.

They say to post the following code (which I store in fld 1) to their
server, so I'm am using the following Rev command:

        post urlencode (fld 1) to url
"http://xml.telemessage.com/partners/xmlMessage.jsp"

-------------------
Here's the xml (from fld 1) which I am posting. I know this data is
correct, because they provide a test form here
(http://xml.telemessage.com/partners/xmlMessageTest.jsp), which I used,
and it worked perfectly. The error response follows the code:
-------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <TELEMESSAGE>
   <TELEMESSAGE_CONTENT>
     <MESSAGE>
       <MESSAGE_INFORMATION>
         <SUBJECT>Test Call</SUBJECT>
       </MESSAGE_INFORMATION>
       <USER_FROM>
         <CIML>
           <NAML>
             <LOGIN_DETAILS>
               <USER_NAME>rdmiller</USER_NAME>
               <PASSWORD>my password goes here</PASSWORD>
             </LOGIN_DETAILS>
           </NAML>
         </CIML>
       </USER_FROM>
       <MESSAGE_CONTENT>
         <TEXT_MESSAGE>
           <MESSAGE_INDEX>0</MESSAGE_INDEX>
           <TEXT>I should be hearing a message a message that says blah,
blah</TEXT>
         </TEXT_MESSAGE>
       </MESSAGE_CONTENT>
       <USER_TO>
         <CIML>
            <DEVICE_INFORMATION>
             <DEVICE_TYPE DEVICE_TYPE="BusinessNumber"/>
             <DEVICE_VALUE>18022385355</DEVICE_VALUE>
           </DEVICE_INFORMATION>
         </CIML>
       </USER_TO>
     </MESSAGE>
   </TELEMESSAGE_CONTENT>
   <VERSION>1.5</VERSION>
 </TELEMESSAGE>

----------------------
The error I get back is as follows:
----------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<TELEMESSAGE>
  <TELEMESSAGE_CONTENT>
    <RESPONSE>
      <MESSAGE_ID>0</MESSAGE_ID>
      <MESSAGE_KEY>
      </MESSAGE_KEY>
      <RESPONSE_STATUS>401</RESPONSE_STATUS>
      <RESPONSE_STATUS_DESC>Error while parsing XML: Premature end of
file.</RESPONSE_STATUS_DESC>
    </RESPONSE>
  </TELEMESSAGE_CONTENT>
  <VERSION>1</VERSION>