Wrapping long pathnames in narrow fields

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 2 18:38:14 EDT 2009

I think this is one of those situations where I really need the full path
showing (it's a file browser of sorts where collections of files from a
range of locations are displayed). I think I'm starting to lean towards
displaying the pathname below the list (which has multiple columns but is
wide enough in total to accommodate most pathnames) so that it is updated
when the user changes their selection either with the mouse or the arrow
keys.

Terry...