An observation (was Wrapping long pathnames in narrow fields)

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 17:47:28 EDT 2009

Ah, I see. Pathnames are always one word. So the dontWrap in Rev does not
help. Odd, though....

It does in HC. Wrapping is not word dependent. HC just uses the field width
as a wrapping limit. This seems like a weakness in Rev, which will will not
wrap except at word boundaries within the field width, as best it can. You can
have some long words within a narrow field NOT wrap, while the rest of the text
does.

I assumed HC-like behavior. Dangerous...

Craig Newman