[OT] Conflicker worm

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:09:17 EDT 2009

You don't think your over stating reality a bit. Whilst I whole heartedly
agree with the overall sentiment of your post, I certainly wouldn't want to
back that 100% guarantee with cold hard cash;-) Surely you, as a xplatform
programmer can appreciate that it's just as easy to write malicious code for
Win as it is for OS X or Linux - OK, yeah there are a lot more holes in Win
so it's easier, but still, there are enough holes left in OS X and Linux
that a 100% guarantee is not possible.

It's a bit like suggesting that because I've never seen a Rolls Royce broken
down (if you have then pick an Aston Martin, Maybach, Pagani, Hummer, De
Loren, Caterham, Bentley, DAX, Koenigsegg, McLaren (road not F1) or similar)
I would be crazy to consider a Ford because I've seen plenty of them needing
road side assistance.

If MS closed doors tomorrow and Linux became the prevalent OS of the World
you'd be dreaming if you thought it would be the end of malware.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic.