using an ActiveX (twiz32.ocx) from runrev by vbs

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Thu Sep 25 04:47:20 EDT 2008

Hello,

Is it possible and how can we use activeX with the alternateLanguage Function of runrev by the way of visual basic script vbs? I do know how to run Excel or Word from runrev in this way (using COM and createObject), but not how to use an ocx.

Any idea or suggestions?

I use an ocx (Olympus Twain Wizard) for administration of a scanner on windows (TWAIN). This works in Visual Basic 6.0 without any user interaction (in this case Scan if the Form opens:)

Private Sub Form_Load()
Form1.Twiz1.AutoFeeder = True
Form1.Twiz1.ShowUI = False
Form1.Twiz1.Resolution = 300
Form1.Twiz1.AcquireToFile ("c:\test.jpg")
End Sub

Now I try to do this with vbs in runrev (but I do not know whether this is possible).

I tried

   scanner = CreateObject("Twizlib.Twiz")
        scanner.AutoFeeder = True
        scanner.MaxImages = 3
        scanner.ShowUI = False
        scanner.Resolution = 300
        scanner.AcquireToFile("c:\test.jpg")

But the ocx seems not to be accessible by createObject ("The ActiveX object can not produce a new object"). To be shure: But this error even occurs when the name of the class is wrong.

The Typelib ID of this ocx is

{A96AC4E1-6EBF-11D0-AA7C-00608CC9A71F}

the most importent methods and settings are
ShowUI = False
AcquireToFile("c:\test.jpg")

Regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen