the visible of a stack

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:46:42 EDT 2008

It's not that I want to make a stack visible or invisible.  I'd like
to prevent that property from changing when I'm done with a stack.

So if I visit a stack, but that stack isn't visible when I get there,
then I'd like it to remain invisible.  Conversely, if it was visible,
I'd like to have it remain visible if it was when I got there.

However, I don't know what property reliably indicates the visually
visible status of a stack, since visible does not, apparently.