Indirect Addressing Another Stack

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:52:18 EDT 2008

N00b/oldtimer here.

I have a stack that I've broken into a number of smaller stacks for
the purpose of encapsulation.  One of those is a Preferences stack.
I'd like to be able to pull in the contents of some fields on
different cards on the Preferences stack, but in a more elegant way
than

put field "prefix" of card "heading" of stack "preferences" into prefix

because this process gets repeated over and over.

Do we have an indirect addressing route available so that I can, for
instance, skip the stack reference?  I was hoping to avoid "do"
because it makes the code harder to read, and I don't know if I'm in
favor of "go" for this, either.