Revolution 3.0 variables ? What has changed ?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Sep 23 09:50:55 EDT 2008

Bonjour Rolf,

Le 23 sept. 08 à 15:42, Rolf Kocherhans a écrit :

> Hello all
>
> I haven't followed the beta cycle closly so it is new to me that
> puting contents into local variables report a script error now.
>
> eg. put 3 into varTest
>
> It only works if I declare the local Variable first !
>
> local varTest
> put 3 into varTest
>
> Is this a new behavior in 3.0 ?

Check or uncheck Edit/Variable Checking menu item when a script is open.

> Can I disable it ?
> Does it give me a benefit which I do not know or see ?

Many benefits:
In my experience for having worked with and without explicit vars, I
find that variables declaration provides a real and welcome safeguard
against errors and mispellings.
It points out an error as soon as I compile and save my life instead
of having to debug 100 lines :-)

> Regards
> Rolf

Best regards from Paris,