Port Number for MYSQL - using MAMP

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Sep 22 03:21:26 EDT 2008

Quick question.

I've been using a local MySQL distribution on my machine (G5 dual
tower running 10.5.5) and it's worked ok . It was harder on Leopard
to install (had to 'make' it) but I've worried about dealing with it
in the future and at the current time, I can't shut it down, the
server control panel doesn't work.

In the meantime Jim Alt turned me on to MAMP, a virtualized Apache
server in an app.

I've gotten it to work with Navicat, which has a field in the connect
panel to select the PORT for MySQL.  I think that proves that the two
MySQLs don't conflict with each other.

In Rev, I use Trevor's library to access RevDB. It has worked well
with the MySQL installation that I installed in Leopard. However,
with MAMP, I need to specify the port, which on the default MAMP
setup is 8889.

According to the docs, RevDB doesn't appear to have a separate PORT
parameter, however one can append the port to the host parameter, like

  localhost:8889

However, this doesn't seem to be  working.

Anyone successfully used MAMP's MySQL with Rev ?
--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o