Problems with the focusedObject

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 16:41:41 EDT 2008

Bonsoir Eric

The TraversalOn of my "Edit" button (the relevant one) is set to false.

I found out by experiment that 'the focusedObject' does work as
expected if I have create a simple one-card stack with fields on the
card and a button on the same card that examines the fields (I mean it
has a script that displays the focusedObject). The focusedObject
points to a field as long as the cursor is flashing in it, even when
the field is empty and nothing in the field is actually selected: when
there is text in the field, the focusedObject also points to it,
whether the text is selected or not. I haven not yet looked at the
selectedField, but I believe it works in the same way as the
focusedObject.

I don't know why my original menu thing doesn't work, but it could be
a side-effect of using GLX2 (I haven't tried it outside the
development environment). I'll do some more research.

Graham

PS My 'France profonde' is about 20 km West of Carcassonne in the Aude
- a village with less than 300 inhabitants. If you like, I can send
you a picture (but not of course to this text-only list).

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:04:31 +0200, Eric Chatonet <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com