Arrays: new and old keys, i

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Sat Sep 13 13:21:15 EDT 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> Wow, this is all coming back to me. The discussion list would fire
> up with two or three chiming in, in just a few seconds/minutes with
> work arounds for coding with lists and parameter lists. There were
> always these, beat ya moments.

I'm not sure whether a beat ya moment is a good thing! It sounds
painful anyway. Meanwhile, here's a Rev v3 example on the lines of the
Director one I just gave:

put "name Tom,height 72,city New York" into avar
split avar by comma and space
put avar into allnames[1]
put "height 68,name Dick,city San Francisco" into avar
split avar by comma and space
put avar into allnames[2]
put "name Harry,height 74,city New York" into avar
split avar by comma and space
put avar into allnames[3]
put allnames[2]["name"]

Dick