Passing mention of Rev

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Sep 13 12:38:00 EDT 2008

"Touched: the making of a Mac-compatible multitouch monitor"
http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/multitouch-monitor.ars

Recently there's lots of media coverage for Rev, but this one is
especially intriguing to me, despite it's en-passant style. The
article is about a teenager who made a multi touch screen as his
internship at a "Space Center".  It seems that's some kind of Star
Trek simulator summer camp thingy (damn, why didn't this exist when I
was younger?).

The Article mentions:
*
Some students are lucky enough to be brought on as interns, where they
learn to program in Revolution—a sort of great grandchild of
HyperCard. It is no wonder that with a background like this, a
technology like multi-touch, which even ten years ago would have
seemed straight out of a science-fiction novel, piqued his interest.
*

Too bad the final product does use obj-c instead of Rev as an
interface to the multi touch screen, anyone up for an external? ;-)

Bjoernke

--

official ChatRev page:
http://bjoernke.com/runrev/chatrev.php