slown down of IDE 2.9 under windows

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Sep 9 09:57:28 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Win XP, SP2, Rev 2.9

since some time (I don't remember what has been changed) my rev IDEs
reaction on mouseclicks on every menu item slows down to a crawl. Means,
after clicking on the file menu I have to wait 3 to 5 sec until the file
menu opens, same with all other menus. After the menu is open and a menu
item is been choosen everything runs in normal speed. I deactivated all
plugins (took them out of the plugin folders), except of the GLX2 plugins.
Other programms have normal behavier at the same time, so that it also can't
be other running processes.

Did someone experienced such a behavier or has an idea where to look for?

BTW, could someone shed some light on the plugin philosophy of runrev in the
windows folder structure? Why is there a plugin folder under my personal
files and settings and a second plugin folder under the programms revolution
folder? What is the difference and where do I have to put / delete plugins,
when installing them manually?

Thanks

Tiemo