download limits - Rev CGI?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 10:42:52 EDT 2008

Yes, this is possible and a typical use of a web server.

Using PHP, this is the same as a visitor counter where the value is written
to a text file.  A Rev-cgi can do the same thing.

Even better for you might be that each download is written to a log file
showing details you would like to keep such as date, time, elapsed time, IP
address, query string, success.

Here is a tutorial on using text files to track a visitor count
          http://www.hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/scripts2.html
courtesy of Jacqueline Landman Gay

Jim Ault
Las Vegas