How to clear the cache used by revBrowser?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Oct 27 21:59:19 EDT 2008

Ken Ray wrote:
> [Ben wrote]
>> At this point I'm not looking for a nice easy way (I've already requested that
>> in QC: #7336)  - but any method at all, by hand or fist, to clear revBrowser's
>> cache.
>>
>> At one point I found files in ~/Library/Caches - but now I'm not seeing
>> anything, and files are still cached.  Any ideas?
>
> Ben, if you get an answer to this, let me know - I've been interested to
> know the answer for a client I'm working with...

With thanks to Chris Bohnert: it turns out (I'm now reasonably sure) that
there are two different answers, depending on whether you're running on 10.4
(or earlier, I assume) or 10.5.

In 10.4, it will be in ~/Library/Caches (or possibly /Library/Caches); a
folder named by the app, eg "Revolution" when you're running revBrowser in the
  IDE, "Myapp" when you're running it in your standalone named "Myapp".

In 10.5, there are mysteriously named folders, with mysteriously named folders
inside them, in "/var/folders".  Inside one of these is a folder named
"-Caches-"; and inside that, are folders named by app.
"com.runrev.revolution" has the cache for revBrowser running in the IDE; the
cache for your standalone will be in a folder named by the bundle identifier
(eg "com.mydomain.Myapp").

Quite how you predict out the mysterious parts of the path between
/var/folders and -Caches- I'm not sure; but I guess you could scan them all if
you had to.

HTH,

- Ben