des encryption with rev for .htaccess password

runrev260805 at m-r-d.de runrev260805 at m-r-d.de
Mon Oct 27 16:05:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

i am working on an app, which creates .htaccess and .htpassword files for  folder/file protection on a linux webserver.
For this i have to encrypt passwords with standard php encryption. At the moment i am
using a php script, which encrypts the password for me. But i want to do the encryption with rev, if possible.

Does anyone know, if this is possible with Revolution? I looked at the encrypt command, but it seems,
that i need to provide not only the password i want to encrypt, but also a "password" which is used for encryption.

Could anyone help?

Regards,

Matthias