Suggestions for method in Revolution

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 16:32:25 EDT 2008

Hello fellow coders,

I am trying to decide on the best way to approach a particular concept
in Revolution. The part that I am concerned with is similar to iGoogle
and the way you can select a web app by its title bar and drag it to
another column where a dotted line shows where it will be dropped.
This is not a web app on the internet but rather a prototype in
Revolution showing how a system to like this would work in Revolution.

Things I am considering are:
The resizing of the window to fit the space moved to.
The dotted line.
The moving of any window existing in the same spot downward.
The keeping track of each window in which column.

Questions:
Do you guys think these "mini" apps in RR should be groups?
Should the decorations be in the group?

I have had difficulties with group sizes clipping contents etc. in
previous projects. Is there a better way to have all of the components
be related to a window on the card with title bar, decorations, window
frame etc.????

Thanks for the insight to come,

Tom McGrath