Rev 3.0 crashing on OS X too (as well as Vista and Linux)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 03:17:03 EDT 2008

I started up 2.8.1 on OS X (the last version that wasn't crashing
regularly). My general habit is to do a totally new install for each release
(rather than relying on Rev's update feature), in order to have completely
separate environments.  It's a bit confusing now because of the way Rev is
using shared locations for things (e.g. like plugins, preferences), because
the 2.8.1 environment hasn't been used in about 6 months, yet it has just
started up with the latest current beta of GLX2 (installed in 3.0, not in
2.8.1).  Luckily, I run revNavigator from the old bunkered plugins folders.
So I am at least able to confirm that I was not running the 3.0 beta of
revNavigator, because 2.8.1's plugins folder contains the 2.5 version of
revNavigator.  However, I can see that I've done some customization of that
old version of revNavigator so I must have used it a little back then.

I'm still going to run without it for a week to see what happens.  And I'll
run without GLX2 also (I've always been very conservative about plugins, and
didn't run any until earlier this year).

Anyway, if that doesn't turn out to be the cause of the instability I'm
stuffed.

Bernard