Table inspector from 4W

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Tue Oct 14 20:30:41 EDT 2008

On Oct 14, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> -= JB =- wrote:
>
> > A few things like moving the fields were done in examples I have
> seen.
> >
> > But if you want to do most of the other things it is done in my
> stack
> > that is named Dynamic Table Field.  It is in Rev online in the
> > programming section or you can look under the user name sundown.
>
> Got it - thanks.
>
> > If you have seen it and still don't know how to do the things I
> > mentioned please ask me.  When you look at the code you will see I
> > even used a piece of code you gave me when I asked a question on
> > this list.
>
> :)  Small world.
>
> > Let me know what feature you can't see readily and I will explain
> how
> > to do it and show you which part of the code does it.
> >
> > As far as having each item be a different font and style it can
> > actually have each character in each item be a different font and
> > style and it can be done by using the paste option.
>
> I think I had misunderstood the description in the earlier post.
> For example:
>
>     Each cell can already be controlled separately plus have its
>     own font style.
>
> True, as with any Rev chunk.  I was hoping for the holy grail of
> independent column alignment.  I've used multiple fields for that
> in the past, but getting the selection working well and keep things
> in synch is just more work than it needs to be, and suffers from
> poor performance.
>
> Also:
>
>    The columns can already be resized but the rows still
>    need to be able to be resized.
>
> In script one can set a field's tabstops, but in the Dynamic Table
> Field is there a way to resize them interactively with the mouse?
>
> This one sounds intriguing:
>
>   Each cell can easily become as many separate  buttons as the
>   programmers wants.
>
> What does that mean?
>

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com       http://www.FourthWorld.com

I am not sure what you mean by each column having independent alignment.

To resize a single column you need to click to the left of a divider
line and keep
the mouse held down.  The cursor will change to a hand, move the hand
with
the mouse held down and after you release the cursor the column
divider will
move to where the hand was.  This can be improved by using mousewithin &
changing the cursor to one like is used when you resize the dictionary.

The buttons idea is simple and staring you in the face.  You can see
that I have
already made each item 3 different buttons.  Button 1 provides you
the line and
item number along with the item clicked.  Button 2 allows you to
click on an item
and it will copy that item and place it in the field above the copy
button.  Button 3
allows you to paste the styled text in any item you click on.  This
can be rewritten
to make it a little easier to provide options and the options are
limitless.  You can
have it automatically do anything instead of one of the three options
I provided.
They are not physical buttons which is even better they just allow
each cell to
do as many different things you want when it is clicked.

-=>JB<=-