How does RunRev finds externals when building the standalone?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 10 07:35:43 EDT 2008

On 10/10/08 2:23 PM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:

Hi Tiemo,

> Hi Ruslan, half the way!
> Hmm that sounds plausible, but because I don't have a Rev installation on
> Mac, I didn't had these valentina txt documents on my Mac. So I created them
> now manually and the "v4rev.bundle" is now recognized and taken into the
> standalone, but the "dbvalentina2" not yet, probably still a path problem.

Ahaaa. I see.

Kirill, so we need improve our installer.rev stack,
To create these txt files if they not present.
Then add line about Valentina
You see?

Tiemo, Kirill right now work on your issue.

--------
> How it looks like now on my Win XP is this:
> ... \Runtime\Mac OS X\Universal\Externals\database drivers
> ... \Runtime\Mac OS X\Universal\Externals\v4rev.bundle
> ... \Runtime\Mac OS X\Universal\Externals\externals.txt (content:
> Valentina2,v4rev.bundle)
> And one level deeper:
> ... \Runtime\Mac OS X\Universal\Externals\database drivers\dbvalentina2
> ... \Runtime\Mac OS X\Universal\Externals\database drivers\database
> drivers.txt (content: Valentina2,dbvalentina2)

Ok good

> What I don't understand yet is how Rev shall recognize the dbvalentina2
> bundle, which is one level deeper in database drivers, how shall Rev know
> this path?

Because its REVOLUTION rule, this is not Paradigma's idea

If you look inside of Revolution own folder,
    Revolution/Externals/

You will see the same structure.

> The other thing is that I have seen somewhere " database_drivers"
> written with an underscore in the middle?

No, I see it inside of REV as "Database Drivers"

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology