3.0 for Linux is 8% slower than 2.6.1 ?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:06:25 EDT 2008

I've no idea why it would download as *.sh.  It was uploaded as *.rev.  The
stack doesn't just run under Linux, it runs under Vista (as I think I said
in my original post).  For some reason, I couldn't open it under OS X PPC
(although I didn't think endian issues affected Rev stacks).

It has a loop that repeats an exponential number of times, adding lines of
random numbers to a list.  It just records how long the script takes to run
each time.  There are a series of 'send in times' so that the results can be
averaged, and it can be run whilst nothing else is running.

I would think the script in the 'start' button is pretty self-explanatory.
If anyone else has any other benchmarks, I'd be grateful to see them.  Mine
seems pretty simple to me, and tests nothing more than a few functions,
looping and adding to lists.

It will only make any sense if you run the script on the same hardware,
using a version of Rev >= 3 and a version of Rev < 3.

Bernard