message box history - confused

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Oct 1 18:00:37 EDT 2008

Bonsoir Bernard,

Of course, I'm not a star: I'm just blinking in the dark when I can.
MB messages are saved when Rev quits without problem: in case of
crash, they are not saved.
So, I assume that in you case, it will not help.

Probably, you could use 4W_UmbrellaMan.rev from Richard Gaskin
(http://www.fourthworld.com/products/devolution/index.html) in order
to modify it to write a log on disk that will allow you to get
relevant results.

Le 30 sept. 08 à 17:44, Bernard Devlin a écrit :

> Thank you, Eric. You're a star.  I doubt I'll ever know as much as
> you do,
> because you're already so far ahead :-)
> So, I'm guessing that this revPreferences stack is updated every
> returnInField in the MB.  I'll have to go and have a look at that.
>
> Bernard
>
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Eric Chatonet <
> eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> Bonjour Bernard,
>>
>> All this is normal :-)
>> All messages are stored in the cREVSingleLineHistory of stack
>> "revPreferences" and there is only one stack "revPreferences" for
>> consistency when working with different Rev versions.
>>
>> Le 30 sept. 08 à 13:57, Bernard Devlin a écrit :
>>
>>  But this new behaviour (well, new to me) looks like the MB
>> history is
>>> being
>>> shared between both 2.9 and 3.0.  If I had the standard
>>> installation,
>>> where
>>> someone had upgraded to Rev 3.0 from 2.9 (using check for
>>> updates), I
>>> might
>>> understand that Rev was saving the MB history.  But since I'm
>>> running two
>>> independent installations of Rev, I'm confused by the MB history
>>> being
>>> shared.
>>>
>>> Is this normal?  And if so, how is it that Rev is sharing this
>>> history?
>>> I've checked for hidden (dot) files in my Linux user directory,
>>> and there
>>> are none there that seem to be associated with this.
>>>

>> Best regards from Paris,
>> Eric Chatonet.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.