Unicode from Variable?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Nov 24 19:13:57 EST 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 4:53 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Hi List:
>
> Anyone know if it's possible to set the unicodeText of a field to data
> contained in a variable?  So far all the examples I've found involve
> setting
> the unicodeText from an external binary file, or setting the
> unicodeText of
> one field to the unicodeText of another.

Yes, you can do this. All you have to do is make sure that the
variable contains valid unicode text, then do:

set the unicodeText of fld "babel" to varFullOfUnicode

It works with custom properties, too.

set the unicodeText of fld "babel" to the uniStoredText of me

As Mark said, if it's not already uni-encoded you have to run it
through uniencode() first.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay