put something into url "http://www.mydomain.com"

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Sun Nov 23 10:04:22 EST 2008

2008/11/23 Mark Smith <lists at futilism.com>

> David, I'm not expert on this, but I'd bear in mind that webDav is not HTTP
> (as far as I know).

Ive just looked and done a test - and yes WebDav uses PUT and the other
basic HTTP actions - it just extends them with metadata and COPY / MOVE etc.
I've set up a WebDav server and it seems to work fine - very simple from
Rev.

> Also, PUT is not well supported in libUrl, and I don't think webDav is at
> all (Dave Cragg may be able to say more...)
>
> As for modernity, with Amazon's S3 service, http PUT is the main method of
> getting stuff in, so that seems pretty 'modern' to me :)

I'll take another look - from memory it was a very well implemented done
REST service - but the PUT you refer to was not simply the data - but a
formatted XML packet - still I must look at it again and the library kicking
around on the list?