Random algorithm

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 19:30:15 EST 2008

On 12 Nov 2008, at 21:21, Jan Schenkel wrote:
> If memory serves me well (and I admit mine is
> comparable to that of a goldfish) then the engine
> initializes the randomseed to the value of the
> milliseconds at startup.

I thought the same. But while playing just now (as a result of this
thread :-)), I see that setting the randomSeed to the milliseconds
actually produces the same sequence of random numbers on each run. The
maximum number it can be set to seems to be 2130706432. Any number
higher, and the same sequence is produced. (on an Intel Mac)

Not sure if this is a bug, or just an undocumented limitation.

Dave