Frequent crashes of Rev 3.0

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Nov 11 05:43:12 EST 2008

Bonjour Tiemo,

I use Rev 2.9 and 3.0 on my laptop (XP SP3) without problem.

So I would be inclined to think there is some conflict between Rev
and another running process.
Which is the culprit I can't say :-(
You might try to unplug your internet connection then shut your anti-
virus, firewall, e.g. all background processes, etc.
Shut all open applications and load each of them one by one when Rev
is already running and test.
Boring job...

Le 11 nov. 08 à 10:00, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> My Rev 3.0 IDE on Win XP SP3 crashes about 1-10 times a day, not
> reproducable. After I had some other "mysteries" in the past I
> thought it
> would be something about my installation and my fault, but now I
> have read
> Viktoras post and it seems not to be only me. Is it only Viktoras
> and me, or
> is it 3.0? My experience is, the frequency of crashes gets up, the
> more I am
> handling objects, like creating, deleting, positioning fields,
> images, etc.
> but that's just a feeling. I also pretty often have error messages
> (produced
> by programming faults, like bad object references) with the window,
> where I
> am asked, if I want to cancel or go to the script, which hang and
> the only
> solution is to kill the task. I don't know if it make sense to put
> it into
> the QA, because I can't reproduce any situation.
>
> Am I supposed to switch back to 2.9? What are your experiences

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.