good Rev demos

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu May 29 03:20:58 EDT 2008

Bonjour William,

Le 28 mai 08 à 22:47, william humphrey a écrit :

> 1. A way to search what is there already (I'm so sick of scrolling
> through
> cryptic file names).
>
> 2. A field that comes up with a description of the file when you
> mouse over
> it (I am so sick of trying stacks when I don't understand the
> cryptic name
> especially those stacks that bring down my copy of RunRev). And
> what is the
> difference between "view" and "go to"?

1. The Rev Search Engine (last Docs tab or Help menu in 2.9) allows
you to search Rev Online using keywords (as 'database', ' SQL', etc.)
and displays stacks descriptions without having to go to another screen.
In addition, it can show you last uploaded stacks since a week or a
month.

2. You might be interested also in two plugins (available from my
website):

Rev Online Picker 1.0
Sophisticated Rev Online browser to find and display the stack you need

Rev Online Picker works in a single window that displays all stacks
available from Rev Online by category, those uploaded since your last
check, all descriptions and allows to display them directly from the
web.
Safe and annulable download process.
Search tool by author, stack name or keyword and sorting.

And

Rev Online Watcher 1.0
Plugin for Revolution Studio or Enterprise
New Rev Online stacks warning agent
Rev Online Watcher informs you discreetly at Revolution startup when
new stacks have been uploaded to Rev Online.
If you have Rev Online Picker, Rev Online Watcher can open directly
Rev Online Picker "New Ones" tab.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.