Is RunRev marketed to developers mainly?

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Thu May 29 02:57:51 EDT 2008

many times I have been wondering, why so many people know of Air, and
all these fresh new things about flash, Flex 3, Python, Java, MySQL,
SQLite, PHP, even Logo, etc... Those are babies of Adobe, Sun or not so
well known companies or even open source projects. And why do they
usually know next to nothing about Revolution, which is not a new IDE
product at all... Then I realized that Revolution is absent from press
releases of major printed IT/PC/MAC magazines. On each new release or
upgrade of its products Adobe and even open source project leaders
"shout out" a press release appearing on printed pages of many journals,
that's why we know. But when Revolution Released 2.9 no IT magazine
(please correct me if I am wrong) ever covered it. Why? Doesn't Run Rev
Ltd do press releases on its products and upgrades ? Maybe those press
releases are somehow limited... Printed words still have a big weight in
this Internet age, maybe because people tend to associate them with some
sort of credibility of printed text, etc...

Viktoras