"movestack" sent continuously!

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu May 15 05:03:27 EDT 2008

Hi all,

looks like something has changed (again and silently) in 2.9?

 From the docs:
The moveStack message is sent after(!) the movement is finished.

But on OS X it is apparently being sent continuously!
Can someone confirm this?

Simply create a new stack and put this into the stackscript:

on movestack
   put the loc of this stack
end movestack

And you will probably see the loc being updated in realtime in the msg.

Not a big thing, although we have an "activity logging" (including
"movestack")
in our current project and this way the log is being written to disk
quite often
and unecessarily.

This has been working as the docs state in earlier versions
I do not like this surprises, at least not in Rev :-)

Best

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de