slow load URL

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Wed May 14 19:36:41 EDT 2008

This may not be the answer you expect, but using rsync to download
might be your best option. It seems blazingly fast with tons of small
files, partially because it automatically compresses before
downloading and uncompresses afterwards.

Today, in a test, we downloaded a whole website with over 10,000
files, 150 MB of data, in a couple minutes. (Actual data transferred
was 57 MB)

It is a shell program, and I have not got it working with Rev yet, but
one of the many shell gurus on this list may reveal the answer soon ;-)