PRINTING IN RUNREV 2.9

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 14 18:44:48 EDT 2008

 I just filed bug 6478 after verifying today exactly what goes wrong with
revPrintField in Linux.  Needed to get to a system where Rev printing works
fine in all other respects.  Have not experimented with Mac or Windows, but
its probably specific to Linux from the lack of other reports.

However, this bug is not about it failing to print all of a field on
multiple pages.  It does that just fine.  The problem is, being unable to
adjust scale.

Even when this is resolved, I think I will still use awk for printing
reports.  Its so easy to reformat the field exactly how you want, and this
may not be the same for reporting as it is for entry of data or on-screen
reading.   So if you are going to reformat to print anyway, why not use a
tool designed specifically for that?  The shell is very easy to invoke
without the user having to worry.  And Awk of course comes for Linux,
Windows and Mac.

Peter