Image discoloration in 2.8.1

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun May 4 14:33:12 EDT 2008

Recently, Jeff Reynolds wrote:

> wish i had the time to trouble shoot this throughly now or bump to
> 2.9, but got to get this done and i have the temp workaround for the
> project, but is really bugs me when i find these things and want to
> know where the problem is and find a real solution to it, not a bandage!

Usually, this is an issue with PNG images created with Adobe apps.
Photoshop generates PNG images with gamma information that is ignored (or
read?) by Revolution, resulting in a slight colorshift from the actual
colors used in the original PS document.  If this is indeed the problem, the
two workarounds that have been posted in the past are 1) make sure all
images/colored objects used in a stack are in PNG format, or 2) try using a
Windows app called PngOptimizer to strip gamma information from all PNG
images used in the stack (or those in which colorshift is visible).
See this post for more details:

http://www.nabble.com/-Not-Quite-OT---Possible-Fix-for-PNG-Color-Shift-to125
11893.html#a12511893

Regards,