Keeping a clean XP machine

Steven Axtell saxtell at neb.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 10:40:06 EDT 2008

Jim,

I have been using Windows for several years now (was a Mac user in the
past-work pulled me to Windows)-have recenlty bought a Mac mini to test the
Mac side of my programs.  I use the latest Norton Internet Security software
(I don't see any bogging down of the system that others have mentioned about
earlier Norton Internet Security software).  In addition to that, I
occasionally run a-squared Free and Spyware Terminator (the free program in
this group of programs) to catch things that Norton might has missed.  Per
the Maximum PC magazine, no one virus/spyware software is going to catch
everything.  Also, I use CCleaner (per Maximum PC) to clean up unneccessary
files that accumulate (although it doesn't look specifically for
viruses/spyware, it does help keep the computer running fast).  Doing this,
I have had no problems.

Steve Axtell