Exporting Images of Buttons ?

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Thu Mar 27 12:35:32 EDT 2008

Le 26 mars 08 à 23:07, Eric Chatonet a écrit :
> Hello Peter and all,
>
> Le 26 mars 08 à 22:58, Peter Alcibiades a écrit :
>> Its a classic example of the difference.  Someone wants to know how
>> you
>> order dinner in Spanish.  You could hand him a dictionary, and he
>> would
>> maybe eventually figure it out.  Or you could hand him "See it and
>> say it
>> in Spanish".
>>
>> We have a great dictionary.  What we are missing is the book of how
>> to put the words together for various purposes, like ordering dinner.
>
> That's true.
> I'm finishing a new tutorial about drag and drop including 2.9 new
> features due to Easter time :-)
> When I'll have some time left (Rev counts about 1600 tokens at the
> moment) I'll write a kind of tutorial to know which words
> (expressions) to use according to the task that must be achieved.
> With comments of course and a direct links to open the dictionary.
> Let me know, all of you, if it could be a good idea.

Bonjour Éric,
Sure that's an excellent idea. "J'achète" (I am buying it) ;-))
If I well understood this idea, it is the possibility to enter the
dictionary, non only by a list of function terms (as now) but also
starting from possible tasks the user  would like to achieve. Very
interesting from an ergonomics point of view. Actually, the
dictionnary explains for each term  what task(s) it  allows to
achieve ; while the users often would like to find for each task (or
at list each kind of tasks) the possible term(s) to achieve it.
In a few words :
dictionnary = terms --> what task they allow to do
your tutorial = tasks -> what possible terms

That would be a great tool, but a lot of work to achieve it (could be
little by little ; seems not necessary to be complete to already be
useful) :-))

Best regards from Grenoble
André