Eric's Tutorials [was Re: Exporting Images of Buttons ?]

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Mar 27 10:37:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:18:38 +0100,Jim Sims <sims at ezpzapps.com>  wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:07 PM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>> I'm finishing a new tutorial about drag and drop including 2.9 new
>> features due to Easter time :-)
>
> You are heroic.

Yes, he is. I for one look forward to reading this tutorial really
carefully.

>> When I'll have some time left (Rev counts about 1600 tokens at the
>> moment) I'll write a kind of tutorial to know which words
>> (expressions) to use according to the task that must be achieved.
>> With comments of course and a direct links to open the dictionary.
>> Let me know, all of you, if it could be a good idea.
>
> If you produced a tutorial for printing that used all the printing
> items
> then you would be a heroic God.    ;-)

I absolutely endorse this one! If you can clarify all that stuff
about formatForPrinting (e.g. when is an edit not an edit?) and about
the way to ensure that the maximum print area is used without
cropping, that would be heroic. I would even volunteer to help.

Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The new user guide PDF has a pretty thorough chapter
> on printing, including the new commands and
> properties. Definitely something to check out.

Just to say IMHO the new printing chapter is an excellent first
draft. I have it out in detail and there are still questions to be
answered and there is also a dire need for more examples.

Graham