REV CGIs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 26 21:54:41 EDT 2008

Phil Davis wrote:
> Turns out I had the wrong line endings in my script. So in TextWrangler
> (Mac) I changed them to "Unix (LF)" with the little menu at the bottom
> edge of the window, saved the script again and it worked! Yaaaaay.

Rev's internal line-ending is the same as for UNIX, so -

If you make a little stacks and write your CGI script in a button, you
get the benefit of auto-indenting as you go, and you can write a
one-liner to upload that script to your server, a la:

  put script of btn "MyCGI" into \
    url ("ftp://user:pass@domain.com/cgi-bin/mycgi.mt")

With that, uploading is a snap.  You can then add buttons to launch your
web browser to some test page, or even test it right from within Rev.

No more line-ending issues, and a lot of little steps go away with
ultra-convenience. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal