modal dialog box is open

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Mon Mar 24 21:18:43 EDT 2008

Concerning Modal Dialogs the dictionary says;

While a modal dialog box is open, other windows cannot be edited or
brought to the front. Because of this, you should use modal dialog
boxes only when a stack must obtain feedback from the user before it
can continue.

I am able to open a stack as a modal dialog but from that modal
dialog stack I am able to
open another stack and it can also be a modal dialog if I want it to be.

So when it says;
other windows cannot be edited or brought to the front.

What windows are they referring to?

Does it mean I should not be able to open a stack as a modal dialog
from a modal dialog?
Are there potential problems if I do?

thanks,
-=>JB<=-