Revolution Live conference: Trevor DeVore

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Mar 22 15:38:19 EDT 2008

On Mar 22, 2008, at 11:47 AM, william humphrey wrote:

> I even hope for something with not just SQLite but also basics for
> using
> Valentina with both RunRev's newly improved "database query builder"
> and
> with Trevor's library calls.

Definitely let me know if you have specific requests about things they
would like to be covered and I will take them into consideration. You
can email me directly.

I'm taking a different approach this year in the database
presentations. Last year my subjects were generic "Beginner" and
"Advanced" type of discussions. I felt I had a hard time focusing the
discussion and I wasn't happy with how things turned out.

This year I will be trying something different and will focus on
issues involved with building database applications in Revolution. I
will be talking about issues my company has had to tackle while
working on our own products. I feel this will be much more interesting
and instructive. There will also be code kitchens this year so we can
help folks with their specific needs during those.

That being said, I don't think I will be covering the query builder. I
have never found a use for it when buildling apps myself so I don't
have any experience with it. There is a "Lightning-fast Database
Processing" on the schedule right now. Perhaps it will be covered there.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems