Revolution - A FIT Client

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 21 19:29:40 EDT 2008

Thomas McGrath III wrote:

 > On Mar 21, 2008, at 5:54 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> Why do they want their app to run in a browser?
 >
 > They just do.

I was afraid the answer might be something like that. ;)

 > They want it on their home page and client pages as well.

Do they expect every one of their clients to download and install a
plugin just to view their web page.

This client sounds like that have a fundamental misunderstanding of how
the web can integrate with their business needs.

 > Why can't we develop something in javascript that can read Transcript
 > with out the necessary plugin?

Given that Transcript is arguably more flexible than JavaScript and
JavaScript is a simpler format than stack files, it may be easier to go
the other way around, writing an exporter in Transcript which write the
JavaScript needed for their app.

I'm doing this now with one of my clients, and it's a bit of work but
when we're done it's all template-based so the client will be able to
update their web page using the latest content in their Rev app with the
click of a button.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal